This guide will provide you with information about the power levels available for your vehicle and walk you through the installation process. Follow each step carefully to ensure maximum functionality. Please do not hesitate to create a support ticket if you run into any issues that require advanced troubleshooting.
2006 – 2009 Cummins 5.9L & 6.7L
|Tune Level/Switch Position||HP Output Gains|
|1 – Optimized Stock||+ 30HP|
|2 – Tow||+ 60HP|
|3 – EcoTow||+ 100HP|
|4 – Street||+ 120HP|
|5 – Maxx||+ 180HP|
Step One: Reading Out The Stock Program
- Plug the AutoCal into the truck’s OBDII using supplied cable.
- Turn the key to the on position (do NOT start the truck)
- Scroll down to the ‘Tuning Tool’ and hit ‘OK’.
- Select the ‘Read Tune’ option.
- It’ll say Hit ‘OK’ on the appropriate ECM/TCM for your truck (CMB: 2006-07 5.9L, CMC:2007.5-09 6.7L) and will begin reading the stock file from the truck.
- When it finishes reading out the stock file, the AutoCal will prompt you to turn the ‘Ignition Off Now!’. Turn the key off and press ‘OK’. Once the countdown completes, you can proceed to Step Two: Flashing the Tune File (below)
Step Two: Flashing The Tune File
- Plug the AutoCal into the truck’s OBDII using supplied cable (if not already connected from Step One above).
- Turn the key to the ‘RUN’ position, do not start the truck.
- Toggle down using the right (skull) button until you see ‘Program Full’ (under the ‘Tuning Tool’ option in the main menu) . Press the ‘OK’ button (skull) in the center of the AutoCal.
- It will say ‘Read’…Toggle down to your tune file (will be either CSP5 or a single hp tune) & press ‘OK’ the screen will say ‘Checking to 100%’.
- It will ask if you want to ‘LICENSE ECU NOW’ (will only be displayed the first time you flash the truck with your AutoCal/V2). press ‘OK’.
- It will now ask ‘Are you sure?’. Press ‘OK’.
- The AutoCal should now say ‘Please Wait… Erasing… Flashing’ with a percentage (%) below it. The flashing process takes approximately 13 minutes.
- When the flashing has finished and it reaches 100%, the AutoCal will prompt you to turn the ‘Ignition Off Now!’. Turn the key off and press ‘OK’. Once the countdown completes, you can disconnect the AutoCal from the OBDII port, and start your truck! (**Note: Be sure to replace any fuses that were removed prior to the tuning process!**)
Switching CSP Tune Levels Using Your AutoCal
- Turn the key to the ON position (do NOT start truck).
- Connect the AutoCal to the vehicle’s OBDII port (driver-side, beneath the dash).
- Scroll down to ‘Tuning Tool’ and hit OK.
- Then scroll down to ‘Switch Tunes’ and hit OK.
- Scroll down to the desired tune level and hit OK to select it.
- It should say ‘Tune Switched’. After this, simply disconnect the AutoCal and it will remain on the selected tune level until changed again.
Cummins EGR Emissions Harness
If you’re planning on using your vehicle off-road, you’ll need to to disconnect 3 EGR harnesses. Two are located on the driver side of the engine bay and one is located on the passenger side.