This guide will provide you with information about the power levels available for your vehicle and walk you through the installation process. Follow each step carefully to ensure maximum functionality. Please do not hesitate to create a support ticket if you run into any issues that require advanced troubleshooting.
2010 – 2012 Cummins 6.7L
|Tune Level/Switch Position||HP Output Gains|
|1 – Optimized Stock||+ 15HP|
|2 – Tow||+ 30HP|
|3 – EcoTow||+ 65HP|
|4 – Street||+ 100HP|
|5 – Maxx||+ 130HP|
Step One: Unlock File
- Plug the AutoCal into the truck’s OBD II port using the supplied cord.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position. do NOT start the vehicle!
- Scroll down (using down arrow…right button) to ‘Tuning Tool’. Press the ‘OK’ button (in the center of the AutoCal).
- Scroll down to ‘Program FULL’. Press ‘OK’.
- Scroll down to the ‘A_FLASH.ctz’. Press ‘OK’.
- It will ask if you want to ‘LICENSE ECU NOW’ press ‘OK’.
- It will now ask ‘Are you sure?’ press ‘OK’ to proceed with the flashing process.
- The AutoCal should then say ‘Please Wait… Erasing… Flashing’ with a percentage (%) below it. The flashing process takes approximately 13 minutes.
- Once it reaches 100% the AutoCal will prompt you with the ‘IGNITION OFF NOW!’ message. Turn the key off and press ‘OK’. A countdown will appear. When the countdown has finished, you’ve unlocked your PCM.
Step Two: Flashing the Tune File
- Turn the key back to the ON position. Do NOT start the vehicle!
- The AutoCal should have ‘Program Full’ displayed on the screen already (if you’ve just completed Step One above).
- Toggle down to the pre-loaded tune (CSP2, CSP5, or Single Tune). Press ‘OK’.
- The screen will say ‘Checking 0… 100%’. Followed by ‘Erasing… Flashing’ with a percentage (%) below it. The flashing process will again take approximately 13 minutes to complete.
- Once it reaches 100% the AutoCal will prompt you with the ‘IGNITION OFF NOW!’ message. Turn the key off and press ‘OK’. A countdown will begin.
- Once the countdown has completed, the vehicle has successfully been tuned. You may disconnect the AutoCal from the OBDII port, start the truck up, and enjoy!
Switching CSP Tune Levels Using Your AutoCal
- Turn the key to the ON position (do NOT start truck).
- Connect the AutoCal to the vehicle’s OBDII port (driver-side, beneath the dash).
- Scroll down to ‘Tuning Tool’ and hit OK.
- Then scroll down to ‘Switch Tunes’ and hit OK.
- Scroll down to the desired tune level and hit OK to select it.
- It should say ‘Tune Switched’ …after this, simply disconnect the AutoCal and it will remain on the selected tune level until changed again.
Cummins EGR Emissions Harness
If you’re planning on using your vehicle off-road, you’ll need to to disconnect 3 EGR harnesses. Two are located on the driver side of the engine bay and one is located on the passenger side.