This guide will provide you with information about the power levels available for your vehicle and walk you through the installation process. Follow each step carefully to ensure maximum functionality. Please do not hesitate to create a support ticket if you run into any issues that require advanced troubleshooting.
2013 – 20017 Cummins 6.7L
|Tune Level/Switch Position||HP Output Gains|
|1 – Tow||+ 30HP|
|2 – EcoTow||+ 65HP|
|3 – Street||+ 100HP|
|5 – Maxx||+ 130HP|
Step One: PCM Unlock Procedure Using Third Party Device
**Unlock the PCM prior to flashing your PPEI EFILive tune. You can use the Edge CTS2 with Unlock Cable (Part# 84132) or the Bully Dog GT Tuner & Unlock Cable (Part# 40420 & 42214). Refer to Edge’s and/or Bullydog’s Instruction Manual for details on the unlocking procedure. **
Step Two: CSP4/Single Tune Install Instructions
- Plug the AutoCal into the truck’s OBDII using supplied cable.
- Turn the key to the ‘RUN’ position. Do
NOT start the truck.
- Scroll down using the right (skull) button until you see ‘Tuning Tool’. Press the ‘OK’ button (skull) in the center of the AutoCal.
- Scroll down to ‘Program Full’ press ‘OK’.
- Scroll down to the pre-loaded tune file (CSP4 or Single Tune) & press ‘OK’.
- It will prompt you to ‘LICENSE ECU NOW’. press ‘OK’.
- It will then ask ‘Are you sure?’. press ‘OK’.
- The screen will say ‘Checking 0… 100%’. Followed by ‘Erasing… Flashing’ with a percentage (%) below it. The flashing process will take approximately 13 minutes to complete.
- Once it reaches 100% the AutoCal will prompt you with the ‘IGNITION OFF NOW!’ message. Turn the key off and press ‘OK’.
- Once the countdown has finished, you can disconnect the AutoCal from the OBDII port and start the truck up!
How to Change Tune Levels
- Turn the key to the ON position (do NOT start truck)
- Connect the AutoCal to the vehicle’s OBDII port (driver-side, beneath the dash)
- Scroll down to ‘Tuning Tool’ and hit OK.
- Then scroll down to ‘Switch Tunes’ and hit OK.
- Scroll down to the desired tune level and hit OK to select it.
- It should say ‘Tune Switched’. After this, simply disconnect the AutoCal and it will remain on the selected tune level until changed again.
Cummins EGR Emissions Harness
If you’re planning on using your vehicle off-road, you’ll need to to disconnect 3 EGR harnesses. Two are located on the driver side of the engine bay and one is located on the passenger side.